We anticipate having three CLE opportunities in 2019-2020. The first is our half-day CLE in San Antonio, in early November. Then, our morning taco breakfast and CLE during SMU’s Air Law Symposium in Las Colinas (April 1-2), and our half-day CLE during the State Bar Annual Meeting in Dallas (June 25-26).
If you are interested in sponsoring any event, including sponsoring a happy hour or dinner during a CLE meeting, please contact Andrea Palmer, Chair.
Stay tuned for more information!
Aviation Law Section CLE at the State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting
Thursday, June 13, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
We had fantastic attendance for our CLE presentation at the State Bar Annual Meeting this year. Our speakers and topics were:
Current and Future Legal Issues in International Space Law .75 hour
- Shalem Massey, Irvine, CA, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
Drones: Privacy Implications and the Evolving Regulatory Landscape .75 hour
- Jennifer Trock, Washington, D.C., Partner, Baker McKenzie
Ethics in Aviation: The GC’s Perspective .75 hour ethics
- Mark Shaw, Dallas, Executive Vice President, Chief Legal and Regulatory Officer, Southwest Airlines
- Brad Ferrell, Columbus, OH, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, NetJets
- Eric Levenhagen, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel, Sun Country Airlines
- Crystal Gordon, Houston, TX, SVP, General Counsel & Chief Administrative Officer, Era Group, Inc.
- Moderator: Bruce Marshall, Chair, Aviation Law Section, EVP & General Counsel, AIC Title Service
The Broadening of the Air Charter Market – Comments from DOT on its New Air Charter Broker Rules .75 hour
- Lisa Swafford-Brooks, Washington, D.C., Deputy General Counsel Office of Operations, C-60, Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Department of Transportation
Aviation Law Section Meeting & CLE during SMU’s Air Law Symposium
Friday, March 29, 2019, 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
We enjoyed seeing everyone at our breakfast-taco meeting and CLE. Morgan Schweinzger, with Jackson Walker’s aviation practice, presented on FAA updates. Special thanks to Gregory Lander for his assistance and additional insight.
Aviation Law Section Fall CLE
Friday, November 9, 2019, 1:00 p.m.
The Aviation Law Section Fall CLE 2018 was a great success! We held CLE during the afternoon, followed by a Cocktails and Conversation reception, at the beautiful Hotel Valencia on the San Antonio Riverwalk.
Our 2018 topics and speakers were:
- Indemnities Made Simple: Understanding in Practice What Law School Could Not Explain: Andrea M. Palmer, Fort Worth
- Aircraft Foreclosures – Enforcing Third-party Interests in Aircraft: Greg Reigel, Dallas
- High Lift/Low Drag: Streamlining Aviation Litigation: Mark D. Pierce, Austin
- Confusion Abounds! The Growing Proliferation of “Aircraft Dry Leasing Programs” and the Specter of Illegal Charter: David Norton, Dallas