If you are interested in sponsoring any event, including sponsoring a happy hour or dinner during a CLE meeting, please contact Andrea Palmer, Chair.
Aviation Law Section Fall CLE
Friday, November 8, 2019
Lunch 12 p.m. | CLE 1-5 p.m. | Happy Hour 5 p.m.
The Aviation Law Section Fall CLE 2019 returns to San Antonio on November 8th at Hotel Valencia on the Riverwalk. This year our program will include lunch, followed by a half-day program of CLE, and finally a networking happy hour.
Click here to register now!
Click here to view the full brochure! Our fantastic speakers this year include:
Amy Voigt Xenofos, Assistant Chief Counsel for General Law, NASA – NASA’s Vision For A Low Earth Orbit Economy
Dr. Rawson Wood, MD, Biodynamic Research Corporation – Injury Causation Analysis
Rick Alimonti of Alimonti Law Offices, PC – Ethics in the Ether: Interactive Ethical Scenarios in Handling Aviation Claims
Kristin Newman, Anderson & Riddle, LLP – Updates in Aviation Venue Law
Aviation Law Section Meeting & CLE during SMU’s Air Law Symposium
Thursday, April 2, 2020, 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Note the new date! We will be hosting our meeting and CLE accompanied by breakfast tacos and coffee! See you at the Omni Mandalay in Las Colinas.
Aviation Law Section CLE at the State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting
Thursday, June 25, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Save the date for our half-day CLE at the State Bar Annual Meeting at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas! We will also be putting together a Speakers Dinner the night before – if you would like to attend or are interested in sponsoring, please contactAndrea Palmer, Chair.
We had fantastic attendance for our CLE presentation at the State Bar Annual Meeting on June 13, 2019, in Austin. Our speakers and topics were:
Current and Future Legal Issues in International Space Law .75 hour
- Shalem Massey, Irvine, CA, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
Drones: Privacy Implications and the Evolving Regulatory Landscape .75 hour
- Jennifer Trock, Washington, D.C., Partner, Baker McKenzie
Ethics in Aviation: The GC’s Perspective .75 hour ethics
- Mark Shaw, Dallas, Executive Vice President, Chief Legal and Regulatory Officer, Southwest Airlines
- Brad Ferrell, Columbus, OH, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, NetJets
- Eric Levenhagen, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel, Sun Country Airlines
- Crystal Gordon, Houston, TX, SVP, General Counsel & Chief Administrative Officer, Era Group, Inc.
- Moderator: Bruce Marshall, Chair, Aviation Law Section, EVP & General Counsel, AIC Title Service
The Broadening of the Air Charter Market – Comments from DOT on its New Air Charter Broker Rules .75 hour
- Lisa Swafford-Brooks, Washington, D.C., Deputy General Counsel Office of Operations, C-60, Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Department of Transportation